Pit Bull Saves Family From Fire - Carries Baby By Diaper

July 2nd, 2018

We do our best in life to try to always be prepared and avoid accidents or bad things happening to us or our loved ones. We lock our doors, put on our seatbelts and take precautions because it is always better to have a plan if the worst were to happen. But no matter how hard we try sometimes things happen that are out of our control.

It’s impossible to know what could happen while we are out and about outside of our homes. There’s no way to predict exactly how people will drive, if you’ll get a flat tire out in the middle of nowhere, happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Really anything can go wrong, but we expect when we are in our houses we are safe.

When something happens inside your home, that’s when things can be really scary.

This is something Nana Chaichanhda can attest to after the recent incident at her fourplex home in Stockton, CA. A fire erupted inside her cousin’s home and was beginning to burn out of control while the family was asleep in the other units. Luckily for Nana their four-legged family member, an 8-month-old Pit Bull named Sasha, would come to the rescue.

swiggle1 dot pattern2

Nana heard Sasha banging on the back door and when she went to open it the dog rushed into the house and began to alert her with barking. This was not typical behavior for Sasha so she knew something was right. Nana didn’t know it at the time but Sasha’s insistent behavior was probably the one thing that saved their lives.

It was at that moment Nana saw her cousin’s unit was on fire.

swiggle1 dot pattern2
Fox40.c0m Source: Fox40.c0m

Nana realized how serious this was and she turned to run to her children’s bedroom to get them out of the building. When she went into the 7-month-old’s bedroom she immediately noticed Sasha was already there by her side. Sasha was attempting to drag the baby out of the room by her diaper.

Nana credits everything to Sasha saying “if it wasn’t for her, I would have still been in bed and things could have taken a worse turn”. Dogs are surprising animals and have instincts and awareness we don’t always give them full credit to have. But Sasha knew something was wrong and sprang into action.

She also stated she hopes this will give people a different perspective on Pit Bulls as household dogs.

Unfortunately due to the damage from the fire Nana and her cousin had to move in with the aunts in the back 2 units of the property. The rest of the building is uninhabitable and the entire fourplex is without power currently. The family has set up a GoFundMe page to raise money to bring their home back to living conditions. You can make donations on their GoFundMe page.

To help the Chaichanhda family, please SHARE this heartwarming story with your friends and family.

Source: Jessica Eickenloff