Dogs are loyal to their families to the very end. They’ve been known to travel hundreds of miles to find their owners after being separated and have woken up loved ones with frantic barking when their home catches on fire.
The sacrifices dogs have made for their loved ones are amazing. Moxie and Miley are no different.
Two-year-old Moxie, a white dachshund, and her pal Miley, a four-year-old mix, were outside their home in Kidapawan City, Philippines, when they noticed something dangerous slithering their way.
The dogs knew their one-year-old loved one Skye was sleeping inside the home. But heading towards the house was a deadly cobra.
Instead of being frightened, the dogs sprung into action.
Of the more than 600 species of venomous snakes roaming Earth, only approximately 200 can cause harm, according to the World Health Organization. The king cobra possesses enough neurotoxins to take down an Asian elephant. It’s also the world’s longest venomous snake, growing up to 18 feet long, according to Live Science.
Fully aware of the looming danger, Moxie rushed over to the snake and began pawing at it. Miley started attacking the snake and even picked it up in her jaws, Daily Mail reported.
As one of the most dangerous snakes in the world, the cobra apparently felt threatened by this onslaught of puppy power because it tried to get away, but headed straight for the house’s front door instead of away from the home. But Miley and Moxie tag-teamed, biting the snake’s tail and dragging it away from Skye’s room.
Finally, after a couple of minutes, the snake dies from the struggle. Sadly, the cobra managed to bite Miley during their altercation and she, too, passed away. Moxie was blasted in the face with the snake’s venom, which left her blind.
Skye’s dad Jaime Selim couldn’t believe what the family dogs had done for Skye, who was being watched by a babysitter at the time of the attack, while he and his wife Pauie were at work.
“When we arrived, our helper told us what happened and reviewed the cameras. We were shocked but also so proud of the dogs. I can’t thank my dogs enough for protecting my baby Skye. We will miss Miley so much.”
In March in South Africa, a cobra gave another family quite a start when a five-year-old girl was using a communal toilet at a campground. Her mother lifted the little girl off the toilet only to discover a cobra curled up in the bowl.
Mom Juliette Roos screamed and her husband Johan rushed to her side, trying to capture the snake with a curtain rail. He was shocked.
“‘I thought I would encounter a spider in the bathroom but I definitely did not to expect to find a snake in the toilet. It sent shivers down my spine.”
According to the Daily Mail, the Mozambique spitting cobra slid off the rail and back into the U-bend inside the toilet. Juliette could not believe the immense amount of unseen danger her daughter was in.
“It was very scary and something that only ever happens in movies. My unaware daughter had just used the toilet. It was only when she had finished I saw the snake’s head protruding from the bowl. I went ice cold and didn’t want my daughter to panic so told her not to turn round.”
Venomous snakes definitely are not something to mess with. These two little girls are very lucky to be alive and unharmed. Watch how brave Mylie and Moxie were in the video below. Their loyalty to their Skye never waivers, even when faced with extreme danger.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Source: Daily Mail