3 cups frozen whole kernel corn
3 large new potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 leek, cleaned and chopped, (optional)
1 small onion chopped
3 carrots chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 packages (3oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes
2 cups milk
1 can (4.5oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles
2 cups Progresso® chicken broth
1 cup sherry wine
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound of cooked crumbled bacon (optional for garnish)
1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped (optional for garnish)
Now, Let’s Get Started!
- Gather your ingredients and plug in your crockpot to get it heating up.
- Add everything into the pot except for the heavy cream, cornstarch, bacon, and parsley. Stir well.
- Place the lid on the pot and cook on high for about 4 hours or low for about 8.
- You will know the chowder is cooked when the potatoes are tender. Now, whisk both the cream and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth, and add it to your slow cooker. Cover again and let cook for another 15 minutes.
- You can garnish your slow cook chicken chowder with a bit of salt and pepper, and fresh parsley and crispy bacon add the finishing touch.
Now, sit down and enjoy a warm bowl of this creamy comfort food while it’s warm. You can check out the video below for more tips and the complete tutorial. Be sure to share it (and some chowder) with your friends.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Join your friends or be the first to like our page